- Created: Tuesday, 01 March 2016 04:32
Well, it’s been a super busy and wonderful summer season!! So many great times and so many friends made already, and ALOT more to come yet :)
We have introduced some new systems to make it much easier (in terms of wedding planning) for the future couples sharing their special days at RiverRidge Retreat.
We have already come up with things that will eliminate lots of the hassle and stress for you….
Given your family and friends are coming to RRR for 3 days of celebrating, it can be hard work and really stressful, trying to sort out their food!
In the past, couples have had the choice to let their guests know about Friday night dinner,Saturday and Sunday breakfasts and Saturday lunch, but lets face it, you have enough to do right, haha!!
NB: re lunches we will now have onsite cabinet and takeaway food for them to buy instead of having to go into Owaka which is 10mins drive.
So if you are charging an accommodation subsidy back to your guests and using our complimentary wedding leaflet to go with your invitations, then the Friday night dinner (if they coming then), and Saturday and Sunday breakfasts are just included in the price, and you let your guests know this via your invitations.
Do you want more people staying onsite and not having to travel???
We now have Additional Accommodation Onsite – for 14 more people in double glazed new cabins! (So 7 new cabins in total)
These rooms house 2 people, either 2 single beds, or 1 queen bed!
b. Glamping (Glamor Camping)
We have previously mentioned this, however this has got very big!, We now have a HUGE range of tents and sizes, so just let us know how many extras that would be keen and it’s all go. We pitch them, we put great beds in them, all made up with linen, towels, soaps etc in them, and all right near the modern facilities.
c. A new house for the Bride and Bridesmaids!
We now have, as part of RiverRidge Retreat, a new 3 bedroom house, located just 15-20 minutes away from the retreat. This can sleep up to 8 people. It comprises of a large, very modern, living area, large deck overlooking the native bush, with a spa to sit in with the girls with some bubbles :). This is a great option for the girls to stay in the night before and get ready in on the day, as lots of room to get ready, and reasonably priced too!
3. Marquee now included complimentary in your package ☺ for plan B for ceremony
4. Activities for the Bridal Party and Guests…
• New onsite permanent day spa by the river!!
All onsite and a special new facility we have done up, as a permanent spa room by the river for all your pampering needs for the day before your big day!! For anyone that is keen – nails, waxing, eyebrows, tinting, spray-tans, pedicures, manicures, facials, massage etc etc (ask me for full price list)
• Platoon Paintball: awesome terrain for a real game of paintball, using the natural environment. Make it a Friday afternoon game - Awesome way to get the guests bonding, and something great to chat about later. Or something fun for all to do on the Saturday morning.
• Clay Target Shooting: Another awesome way to have all interacting in a fun, dynamic way! This is a really popular activity for the bride and Groom to put on for their guests.
• Mountain Bikes: guests can hire the bikes and get some exercise in while exploring some amazing Catlins sites.
• Kayaking: As a group, we can kayak down the Catlins River 8km, and get picked up at the lake – an awesome experience that is on a safe river.
• Hunting: The groom and three of his chosen mates, can go out on the Friday and/or Sunday evenings for a look for a deer. Alternatively, we can go out for a night shoot and get rid of some rabbits.
• Eeling, fishing… the river that runs through the venue property, has plenty of trout and ells. You can have access to a couple of fishing rods and/or eeling spears. Complimentary.
Haha wow now i have put you to sleep with all the reading, that is all additions we are super excited to share.
Talk real soon